Close adaptation of the thoughts and expressions of other authors, copying in the expression of ideas, structural similarities in the text or attributing the ideas and results of others without proper reference, or introducing it as a genuine scientific research, is considered "plagiarism" and the policy of this journal is "The fight against plagiarism". For this purpose, similarity is done through the samimnoor system
“Plagiarism” simply means:
To use someone else work without crediting them, or to present the existing idea of someone else as new and original.
All the following are considered plagiarism:
- Making someone else’s work as your own
- Copying words or ideas from someone else without giving credit
- Giving incorrect information about the source
- Changing words but copying the sentence structure of a source without giving credit
- Copying so many words or ideas from a source that it makes up the majority of your work, whether you give credit or not.
- Images and Figures: Using an image, figures and graphs in your work without receiving proper permission and providing appropriate citation is plagiarism. Authors must take written permission from the owner of the work if necessary for using any of the image, figures etc.
Similarity check by Samim Noor system
The policy of the Journal of IRAN HISTORY is "fighting academic plagiarism". For this purpose, matching is done through the Samim Noor system.
Policy and Action for Plagiarism
The Journals perform similarity check on each manuscript before the peer-review process and the following steps are taken based on the similarity content:
- If the manuscript is found to have less similarity, it will be returned to the author for revision. The author can resubmit the manuscript after removing all similarity and reworking on the content. After revision, more scrutiny will be done on the resubmitted manuscript to avoid any possible plagiarism and copying of any published data.
- If the similarity content is very high, the manuscript will be rejected and cannot consider for revision and publication.
In cases if plagiarism is detected at a later stage, all the actions pertaining to the offense of plagiarism will be taken. If the extent of plagiarism detected too high after publication, the paper will be removed.
Recommendation for Authors
- Always properly cite references and acknowledging ideas.
- All references must contain full bibliographic information.
- All sources cited in the text must be listed in the bibliography and vice versa.
- Wherever more than 6 consecutive words are copied, quotation marks should be used.
- Must have taken permission from other authors/publishers to reuse copyright-protected content